Everyone at work should have an understanding of why they must ‘work safely’.Ideal for introducing staff to why health and safety is important, Working safely shows how everyone can make a difference to their own wellbeing and that of others through everyday behaviours. Fun and interactive, the course focuses on best practice rather than legislation.
IOSH Working safely course is recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment.That means that delegates who successfully complete Working safely can apply for a CSCS green Labourer card once they have also passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operatives Test.
Working safely is for people at any level, in any sector, needing a grounding in the essentials of health and safety. More information about the course can be found on the Working safelypage.
Why is the course necessary ?
Certain industries present more risks than others; therefore, it’s critical for companies under such industries to make certain that all the members of their organisation are thoroughly educated on the policies established by authorities pertaining to workplace health and safety. One method of ensuring this is by requiring workers to undergo IOSH Working Safely Training.
What is IOSH Working Safely training ?
IOSH stands for the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health. It is an organisation that designs and accredits training courses to equip various industries with tried and true practices, and principles of workplace health and safety. One of the training courses it has come up with is the IOSH Working Safely Training
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Nationally recognised and respected certification
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
- Recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in health and safety in a construction environment